These notes are from a James Galway Master Class at CU in Boulder, Colorado, Fall 1999.
- Different Notes
- G is a very strong note
- C and C# Tend to be Sharp
- To get high notes crisp you must practice going from high to low
- How to hold
- Right hand should be curved
- Relax the Left hand
- During rests practice breathing
- Look at small phrases then connect them together
- Harder to tongue the higher the note
- Scales accrue in music all the time
This lick should not be played fast, play each note until you get a nice clean tone.