- Never play your softest
- Control your energy
You don't want this energy bursting out
- Stay in control of the Sound
- Don't play Dim's too soon, it will make the note sound like it has been cut
- When practicing Scales, try to get the
best you can play out of each note.
- Never play Scales with Vibrato
- 1st Color: Play four notes together. Use no
Vibrato and try to get the best tone you possibly can out of each note.
You can start with the beginning of a scale.
2nd Color: Very Strong Tone with Vibrato
- 3rd Color: Very open without
- 4th Color: The 3rd Color plus Vibrato
- Very personal thing
- "Window into the Soul of the player" - Baxtresser
Learn Vibrato once you can get a clear, good sound.
- Make sure that Children
that are learning it, don't learn it wrong. Don't do it with your throat.
Don't lose the control of the ability to get a good non vibrato sound
- "Hahahahahahahaha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
\ Vibrato Sound / \
- Never practice Vibrato without playing a non-vibrato